This is what I drank in training, and the Ironman. Now it's the Goofy Challenge

Friday, July 10, 2009

Cut off by a car while biking

So today I am on epic ride. I have three hours on the bike of hills and drills before a 1:30 run. I am heading down the road in the bike lane. There is a mini van in front of me that decides to do quickly throw it in reverse to park. Right in front of me. I slam on my brakes and my heart starts to pound. I yell at the lady driving and I am lucky I don't fall of my bike.

I get off my bike and yell at the driver. She gives the finger. I tell her she needs to be more carefull and she yells back that I need to be more carefull. She is acting like I did something wrong. She obvouslily doesnt think that nearly killing me is important. I realize that this soccer mom just doesn't get it. I mean this is right in front her Startbucks where she needs to get a venti low fat frappuccinoe before she picks up the kids from some lesson for something.

She gives me the finger and I get back on my bike. Right on the outside of the bike only lane is a female police officer in her car. She saw the whole thing. She makes sure I am not hurt. I let her know there was no impact. That my heart is just racing. I then tell her that the driver gave me the finger and told me to fuck off. She get's out of the car.

It was one of those moments where you wish you had a video camera. How many times have you been cut off, or almost hit and had nothing but attitude from the driver who almost killed you. So this time there was a cop when I needed one. I continued my ride, but I got to see the police officer get out of her car. Pull her belt up and walk to the car that had cut me off.

I have no idea what happened after that but it made my day. The rest of my bike was with a smile.

It doesnt happen every day, it doesnt happen as often as it should. I am just glad that soccer mom had her ass handed to her.

Thank you New Westminster Police officer. I don't know who you are but thank you for being in the right place at the right time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again?! You should really stop that whole biking thingy!