This is what I drank in training, and the Ironman. Now it's the Goofy Challenge

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Unboxing of the Origin Eon-15 High Performance Laptop



Specs:
LTBB-W860CU EON-15 High Performance Laptop

Customizations:
  • Chassis and Primary Display: EON15 platform with 1920 x 1080 15.6" LED Backlit Glossy LCD Screen
  • Graphics Card: Single 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M (1GB of Total GFX) - Professional Workstation
  • Procesor Intel Core i7-940XM Quad-Core Processor Extreme Edition (2.13GHz), 8MB L3 Cache, mPGA-989
  • Memory: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 X 4GB
  • Hard Drive One: 500GB Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm SATA 300 Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive
  • Optical Drive: 6X Blu-ray Reader/8X DVD+/-R/2.4X +DL Super-Multi Drive with Power DVD 7 
  • Networking: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 Wireless dual-band module - Up to 450 Mbps 
  • Web Camera: Built-in 2.0 Mega pixel Video Camera
  • Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Edition
Origin makes Gaming PC's. While I am an avid gamer. I am more of a console gamer. I wanted a laptop to accompany me on the Run to Remember  I wanted it to be able to handle all the HD video, photo's, Garmin Data, without so much as a hiccup. I did not want to use my limited cognitive skills with frustrating electronic experiences. I use my laptop as my memory. I use my Windows Phone 7 as my memory when  I am the go. So I can't afford a half baked PC.

I truly believe in technology. However sometimes the usage of the technology itself is harder than the task we got the electronic to help us with.

However with a GPS, a digital Schedule and calendar on my computer and my phone. I am now able to augment my reduced memory to be able to do things like Marathons, Ironmans, work, be a contributing member of society. However that technology needs be able to be used by someone with  reduced mental capacities. That is a massive challenge. Despite the limits and the followers of products. I find Microsoft works really well for me. It's not perfect, however, I am able to upload a video I just made, that I edited and posted online. I am also able to run across the country with enough mental challenges that going to the store to get milk is a challenge. Just imagine what you can do!

No comments: