This is what I drank in training, and the Ironman. Now it's the Goofy Challenge

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Back to school

Well I have added another course to my schooling. I take Biology 12 as well as Math, each twice a week. I am also taking the First Aid course by St Johns Ambulance with Mandy next week. I am training for the The Vancouver Sun Run. It's a busy time.

My Memory is still getting better, I am much better than I was originally. Physically I am getting better with crazy work outs, and physio once a week. I am also back to driving.

Driving is also very interesting, as I know how to drive I just often forget where I am going and how to get there. Its not to bad, because I map quest my way to a location, but coming back isn't as easy as backtracking the Map quest route.

Physiotherapy is also terrific, I get stabbed and shocked on a weekly basis. I feel so bad for my physiotherapist though. I often forget by the time I go to see her where I hurt. So I am the guy that goes "hey it hurts when I do this" I also repeat myself a lot. I am glad she has a sense of humour. To help me remember where my body hurts when I lie down at night I right it down (I keep a notebook by my bed), then take it to her when I see her. I also repeat myself a lot. I am glad she has a sense of humour. To help me remember where my body hurts when I lie down at night I right it down (I keep a notebook by my bed), then take it to her when I see her.

I am training for the Sun Run and that is going well. I am a half decent distant runner. I got a new Ipod from my awesome fiance which aids in the boredom of running. I average about between 6k to 12k depending on the day. I have days were I run to a hill, then sprint up it, walk down, sprint back up, walk down, and repeat. I also have distance days, were I add a little distance each time to slowly increase the goal to eventually run a Marathon.

The school is going as well as can be expected, the math is a challenge. I have a tendency to underestimate my ability's. It is still really hard to go to school. I have to read and re read the same thing several times to make it stick, then wright it down, then before class re read everything all over again. It's the same with books that I read, to remember where I am in the book I have to go back several pages to catch up to wear I was. So I'm at chapter 10, but I need to start at chapter 8 just to get back in the flow of the story. Thank god for multiple choice answers.

Doing all the pre wedding stuff is actually fun right now. My fiance and I are both low stress people, and don't feel the need to hurry in to getting married. So we have time to poke around and run ideas of each other. There is a lot more to planning a wedding than just showing up at the chapel though. I don't think I could get away with eloping!!

No comments: